What are the Advantages of Apartment Living?
Apartment living continues to grow in popularity, with landlords and property managers regularly having multiple tenants applying for one apartment. Appealing to all ages and stages, living in an apartment offers many different advantages, five of which we are sharing today.
5 Benefits of Apartment Living
Choosing where to live is an important decision, and you want to ensure you make the best one for your circumstances. To help you decide if living in an apartment is something to pursue, we’ve put together a list of five of the top benefits for you to consider:
- Worry-free maintenance – one of the great advantages of apartment living is that there is next to no outdoor maintenance required. The body corporate will take responsibility for property upkeep, weeding gardens and landscaping, repainting, and cleaning of common areas. Some apartments have onsite maintenance teams who are available for you to call should you have any issues within your apartment.
- Building amenities – many apartment complexes offer their residents a variety of additional amenities, which they manage for them. From swimming pools to gyms, shared communal spaces and facilities are big drawcards for those considering living in an apartment. As these are usually repaired, cleaned, and maintained by the building management, you get to enjoy the amenities without any work on your behalf.
- Location, location, location – apartment buildings are often built in highly populated areas. As such, many apartments are in the CBD, near large shopping malls and public transport. Choosing to live in an apartment gives you quick access to the facilities and locations you want to visit, unlike traditional housing which requires a longer commute. Many apartment residents can avoid the additional costs of owning a vehicle, as they can easily walk or take transport to work and social gatherings.
- Security – living in an apartment does offer additional security compared to living in a house. Most apartment buildings are accessed through a secured entrance or garage. Your apartment will also have its own locked entrance, and the higher in the building it is, the less likely someone will enter via a window or patio door. Some buildings even have 24-hour staff on-site, along with security cameras in hallways and at the main entrances.
- Lifestyle – even though you have your own separate apartment, you have a sense of community throughout the building. Many friendships are made through meeting other residents when using the shared amenities, or simply by often seeing them in the elevator or hallway. You also have the advantage, depending upon your building’s location, of being close to bars, pubs, cafes, restaurants, and sporting facilities. With no lawns to mow or paths to water blast, you can spend your free time doing what you want to do!
Depending upon the size and location of your apartment, you may find that your utilities are cheaper. Some buildings will offer a car park for each unit, which removes the stress of needing to find a space close to home and the long walk that goes along with it! Don’t these advantages of apartment life sound great to you? They sure do to us!