Any climate control system requires regular servicing if it is to work at optimum levels, and air conditioning is no different. In order to better understand what A/C servicing entails, here is a brief description of the various components that make up an air-conditioning system.
- The Condenser – This units is located outside the home and as the name suggests, it condenses the air to be cooled by the refrigerant. An expansion valve turns the refrigerant into a cold liquid that is passed through the evaporator coils.
- The Blower – Located inside the compressor unit, the blower blows air over the coils, which turns the refrigerant into gas, which in then sent back to the condenser. If you are looking for Air Conditioning in Central Coast, there is a local supplier who also services the units, and an online search will help you locate them.
- Thermostat – This device tells the A/C unit when to fire up and also when to cease operating, and this will maintain the desired temperature. An inaccurate thermostat can cause the system to work harder than it needs to and this will result in an increase in energy consumption.
- Air Ducting – Ducting runs through the house, which takes the cooled air into every room.
- Copper Piping – This runs the coolant to and from the compressor, and the joints need to be checked regularly for signs of corrosion.
Air Conditioning Service
It is recommended that your air-conditioning system is serviced on an annual basis, preferable just prior to the start of summer, when the system has to work the hardest. The engineer would check the thermostat for accuracy, while also thoroughly cleaning out the air filters and checking that the refrigerant levels are adequate. In the event you need air conditioner repairs in Central Coast, an online search will help you locate a climate control specialist, who would inspect the system and diagnose any faults.
Lifespan of an Air-Conditioning System
Typically, the supplier would offer a comprehensive 10-year warranty when installing a new system, and it should last 15-20 years, before you need to replace it. There are components that might need repairing or replacing during that time, such as the thermostat, the condenser or the pump, and when the system is serviced, the engineer would tell you if a component is nearing the end of its life.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems provide a comprehensive solution to climate control, keeping your home warm in the winter months and cool in the summer. The core component to any HVAC system in the heat exchanger, which can work either to send cool air into the home, or warm air in the winter. If your air conditioning system has seen better days, you might be better off installing a HVAC system, which can heat or cool your interior, and the latest generation are very energy efficient.
Like any other complex system, air conditioning requires regular maintenance in order to perform as it should.